Benin, Africa

Benin, Africa

Thursday, March 9, 2017

January 23, 2017 Light ALWAYS overcomes darkness

This week went by so fast! But, sadly w didnt have a whole bunch of success..My companion and i have both been feeling a little off this week too. He has been having problems breathing, and i have been running a small fever for the past few days, but its all good! Hard work always helps right? 

This week we had another incounter with some Voooo in our Village. (We are in the most North sector in the counrty so we see more than most missionaries) We were walking home from a lesson, and it was pretty dark outside. We heard the drums, so naturally we took different roads to avoid it. But, three men came out of no where! Honestly i was ready to start running, but my companion just stopped. We stood there as these three man, is huge costumes walked up to us yelling "Yovo Yovo Blanch Blanch" Which means they were talking to me.. the only white person.. One of them came up to me and looked e straight in the eyes, and after 10 seconds or so, they just all walked away. Honestly, after i saw my companion, not scared, just standing there, i wasnt scared either! Later he told me that the powers of the Satan are real, and very powerfull. But the powers of God are real too, and way more powerfull than him. So that was a testimony builder for me, and it teaches me how powerfull the Priesthood is. Those men could have started beating on us with their sticks, but for some reason they didnt. And that reason is our Heavenly Father who was watching over us. 

I hope you all realize the power that the Lord has, and the power that he has given to missionaries, leaders, and everybody in this church. 

Light ALWAYS overcomes darkness. 

Elder Harris 

PS Happy Birthday this wek Mom!!! You are the greatest mother in the whole world. I could not ever serve this mission without you, you are my biggest supporter and my best friend! You are a great Mother, Grandmother, wife, and daughter! plus, i know im your favorite son.. I love you so much!! 

PPS Happy Birthday to my nephew Calvin this week too!! He turns 3 this week, and i love him so much. Ya gotta cute kid Syd and Dave. 

Me, Elder Jayne and Elder Uaua just balled it up in football. 
Me, Elder Jayne and Elder Uaua just balled it up in football.
We were playing football, and these kids asked to come and play with
us, and one of them was wearing a Tom Brady shirt! So i thought that was 
cool. (I never have, and never will EVER support Tom Brady or the Patriots
in my whole life. Just cool that he had a football shirt on....)

We were playing football, and these kids asked to come and play with
us, and one of them was wearing a Tom Brady shirt! So i thought that was 
cool. (I never have, and never will EVER support Tom Brady or the Patriots
in my whole life. Just cool that he had a football shirt on....)

just kind of a cool pic we took sitting in the middle of the freeway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment