Benin, Africa

Benin, Africa

Thursday, March 9, 2017

February 7, 2017 Forward from Gavin

Hello everybody!  How are ya? Good?  Good.  I'm good too! This week was a little bit rough,  for a couple of reasons, but happiness is still the focous of this mission for me! 

Well, to start off, last week I was feeling a little bit sick. Mostly just fever and stomach problems. I think it was Tuesday night, where I threw up 4 or 5 times, and decided to get some real help.. we took a taxi to the hospital, and sadly I have malaria.. again. So! I spent the next few nights in the hospital until they thought I was okay to go home. But the doctors prescribed me with the wrong medicine! Obviously I didn't know that, so I took it. It was sleeping pills and a liquid to help me sleep. And I did sleep! I slept all night, and I woke up at about 7:30 at night!! And still was pretty drowsy when I woke up. Apparently that medicine is for people with insomnia, and missionaries aren't allowed to take that.. anyway,  I have been in bed for the past week, and sadly, I dont feel better at all.. 

From what my parents have told me, a lot of you guys back at home have been fasting for me. I can't thank you enough for thinking of me, and adding me in your prayers! You have already helped me more than i can imagine! So, thank you very very much. 

This week was also transfers! We got our calls on Saturday night,  and I got moved to the "Menotin" sector. My old sector was a total village, and not I'm in the city! In facrlt, across the street from my house is the Benin national soccer staidum. So that's pretty cool!  My new companion is elder Kola. He is from the Congo, and from what I've seen so far, he is a very hard worker! I don't really know him too much,  but I'm sure we will get along just great and hopefully have a very successful transfer. 

I don't have a whole bunch to write about this week, because I have spent most of it in the hospital, and my bed.. but, I want you all to know how grateful I am for your love and support! When I get down on myself, all I have to do is think about you all at home and it makes me so so happy! 

I love this gospel more than i can explain in words. 

Elder Harris 

No comments:

Post a Comment