Benin, Africa

Benin, Africa

Saturday, January 7, 2017

January 3, 2017 Seems like i havent written since last year..

Hello everybody! Honestly not too much happened this week.. I have a new companion, Elder Oiuzan Bi is from the Ivory Coast! At first i was kind of scared becuse i have heard different things about him, but this past week was such a fun week with him! We worked hard, and had lots of fun doing it! 

New years was crazy here! Some people call mycity the city of fire, because people just set everything on fire! Also there were a lot of Voodoo sacrifices.. So fire everywhere, and dead animals in front of most houses..

This last friday was a little brutal.. A few weeks ago i found an infection in my arm. Just like a marble under my skin on my right bicep, armpit area. I took medication for about a week, and nothing hapened, so they decided that it had to be removed.. So on friday at the hospital, i laid onthe bed, and watched as they cut into my arm, cut it out, and stitched it back together. And worst of all, they didnt feel it was necessary to numb me.. So, lets just say i may have shed a tear or two! But i think its gettng better! I cant sleep on my side, i cant move my arm fast, and i cant even lift my arm above my head.. But the pain is actually gettng a little bit better each day so thats nice! 

Thats pretty much all that happened this week, but i would like to end off with a very short testimony. Have any of you ever read Ether chapter 12..? well, if not, do it. Its one of those chapters you could read hundreds of times, and learn something new every time! It is the prophet ether talking, and sharing what he knows about faith. Faith is the first necessity of this church. Without it, its impossible to be saved. But with i, there is not a thing in this world that is impossible. Have faith, believe that Christ will always be there for you. Have faith, and love God. Because all things work together for good to those who love God. (Romans 8: 28)

Thank you all for the prayers an support, i love you all. 

Elder Harris 


p.s. Happy Birthday this past week Kyle!! I love you so much Buddy!


This is like a dress, kinda shirt thingy that i got to wear! It weighed almost 50 pounds! 

This is my new companion! 

Me and Elder Uaua decided to match our Boomba Shirts 

We got to go to the beach yesterday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment