Benin, Africa

Benin, Africa

Saturday, January 7, 2017

December 5, 2016 Malaria. Part 2

Honestly not much happened this week. If you didnt know yet, last week i got Malaria, and i have had it for about 13 days now.. Ive been talking to my presidents wife a lot, taking new medicine. She told gave it to me last wednesday, and said it would take about a week to actually heal, so hopefully i can get back up on my feet this week!
Being sick on a mission is hard for a few reasons. Yeah fevers and throwing up is hard, but its very mentally hard also.. Sitting in bed, not being able to work a lot, is very hard. But i am doing the best i can, and not letting satan getting to me!
The other thing that happened this week, is there was an emergency transfer in our district. I wont say his name, But an elder in our district had to be let go off of the mission.. And he will be greatly missed because he was a very close friend to me, and i hope the best in life for him!
Okay, now to the stuff that actually matters.
Even though it wasnt much, we got to teach a little this week! Jacque is doing amazing. He Loves the gospel so much, and learns it faster than we can teach it! Hes loving the book of mormon, and has a million questions about it: His Baptism date is for this saturday, so i pray that everything works out well! 
Im sorry my email is so short this week! Kind of a really slow week for us.. But there was a few funny things that happened! 3 different times this week, i got calls from American Elders in the mission asking me to cut theyre hair! I had never even met 2 of them! And one of them lives almost an hour away! So, i dont know why everyone wants me to cut theyre hair all of the sudden, but i guess im the new Missionary barber!
The last funny thing this week, is i was laying in bed and there was a really loud chicken outside. Like really loud! So i went to go shut my window, and some how this huge Rooster got onto our balcony! We live in an apartment, on the 3rd story, about 35 feet off of the ground. How in the worlds did this huge rooster get there! Well nobody knows. But we named his Chuck, and we decided to keep him! One of the African Elders is planning on killing him and eating him, but i am not sure if i want to eat chuck..
I would like to share just a very small testimony really quick. I read this week in 3 Nephi and in chapter 19 verse 28 it talks about Jesus praying for the people. And i love that so much because that is proof that the Living Christ prays for us! He knows you, and he prays for you. By name. He only wants the best for you!
I love you all. Thank you for the support and prayers, i couldnt do this without you.
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment