Benin, Africa

Benin, Africa

Saturday, January 7, 2017

December 12, 2016 The Lord works in his own time

Bonjour tout le Monde! What an amazing week. But like the subject of this email, the lord works in his own time! As you may have known, i have had Malaria, and with prayers, and even more prayers, i woke up thursday morning feeling so much better! And am happy to say that i am no longer sick! Thank you everyone for the prayers and support.
Ever since i got better, i have eaten so much! Seriously i dont think that i have ever eaten this much in my whole life! But as much as i have eaten, i lost a lot of weight too! Just over 10 pounds actually.. so there goes the little muscle that i had!
This week was also pretty strange because of the power.. Last monday at about 3 am the power in the whole city got shut off. And it didnt come back on until saturday afternoon!! I wish no light was the worst part, but the worst part is no fans! Sleeping is impossible, so we slept on our balcony for 5 straight nights! Also no power, means no fridge.. Which means all food ruined. But theres actually a lot of good things with the power being out! The best thing is the stars are unreal beautiful! I get to sleep outside, and look at billions of beautiful stars with no light poloution, so that might be worth it!
Last small thing; Last week we found a random rooster on our balcony.. hes huge! And he was my new alarm clock. We actually became pretty good friends too. I mean, i never touched him, or got close to him cause i didnt want to get even more sick. But i considered him a friend i guess! Saturday rolled around, and i didnt hear him.. so i went out to go check on him but by the time i got there, it was too late.. The African Elders had Killed and Skinned him.. R.I.P. Chuck the chicken.
Well, now for the best part of a mission. We have been working really hard on 2 people. Brother Jacque, and Sister Martine! And BOTH of them were able the enter the waters of baptism this week!! They were so great, and after, both of them gave amazing testimonies that i couldnt help but cry through.I was also able to baptise a little girl named Gracie. She is a friend of ours, and her parents let her get baptized!
I am so grateful for the people that the lord has put in my life. Here, and at home. If you are reading this, you have made an impact on my life, and i love you. I am so thankful for my amazing investigators here. The only sad thing about baptizing someone is i wont be able to teach them as much now! But they will always be my best friends.
I love you all, thank you for the prayers and support. The Lord and i love you so much.
Elder Harris
P.S. Congrats to Tosh for getting accpeted to go to Thailand!! Youre going to do amazing kiddo (;

No comments:

Post a Comment