Benin, Africa

Benin, Africa

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

September 23, 2016 Such an amazing week in the MTC!



Before i start my email to everyone, i just want to congratulate my Beautiful sister Sydney for having her baby this week!!! On September 20th, at 8:00 Pm (i think) Lewis Jay Raynes was born!! CONGRATS SYD AND DAVE I LOVE YOU GUYS AND I CANT WAIT TO MEET LEWIS! 

Anyway, there wasn't a whole lot that happened this week.. But there are some exciting things! 

So Being the district leader is getting harder and harder.. Ive had 5 elders come in and talk to me about other elders in the district.. So ive had to try and help them out, and thats been great! But its just a lot more that me and my Branch president have to think about.. I also get to attend 5 meetings a week! I actually dont mind the meetings, but i do have to really prepare for them.. Dont get me wrong, i love being the DL, i get to pray for the elders in my district and help them as much as i can! 

On sunday we had choir practice, and then the devotional. After the devotional they were handing out flyers to come and audition to be in the MTC Choir for General Conference! So our whole district decided to try out! So on monday, we auditioned and we got to pick any song we want! So i picked the song "I Lava You" its like off of a short film made by disney or something... But this elder in my district played the Uke with it and it went well! But there were just over 1,900 missionaries that tried out so i wasnt getting my hopes up.. haha, but on tuesday, i got a letter in the mail inviting me to sing in General Conference!! I will be singing with about 200 elders and 200 sisters, for the Saturday Afternoon session! So, maybe look out for me? And if you are coming to conference, id love to hear from you before hand! 

We had our first practice on tuesday, and we have 10 days to memorize and perfect 4 songs... so please pray for us! They gave me a new suit to wear, and its so nice! The lady said it was a $500 suit! So, gotta be careful.. Also, this morning, me and this other Elder n my district, Elder Baker, got asked to be the section leaders for the Tenors! So, basically just more work.. BUT its good cause the MTC is flying by cause im so busy! 

That was basically the huge news for the week! Our investigators are progressing, and the lessons are getting a lot better! Our french is good enough to teach on almost anything we want without notes! But i dont want to say that i speak good french, cause i know if i do, then i will have to take it back in a couple days in africa.. So! 'Bonne Chance' (good luck) to me.

I cant even begin to to explain how much i love my whole district and zone! Every night in the Dorms, we have spiritual rap battles! Elder Dorsey (an African american Elder) Always battles against someone else! They are actually really good!! 

Lastly i would just like to share something spiritual. This week i was digging deeper into the subject of Faith. And i came across Ether 12:6 in my personal study! If you are ever having problems with faith, read this! It talks about faith are things that are not seen, and faith will NEVER come until after you have received a trial of faith! So if you are ever going through any trials, its because the lord knows that you can handle it, and he knows that you can learn from it! 

I love this Mission with all my heart, and i cant wait to Fly out to Africa in 9 days! 

I love you all, and thank you for your support! 

Elder Harris 

This is my song book for General Conference! 


No comments:

Post a Comment